Whew, it was a busy week with lots of things going on and it made running a little trickier. But, probably time for a cut-back week anyway, so I’ll just take that as a sign from the universe.
- Monday: 6 easy treadmill miles at lunch.
- Tuesday: Um I decided to dye my hair pink which took a long time so ran 4 easy in the evening and stained my sports bra pink.
- Wednesday: Taught Pilates in the evening and then ran 4 easy.
- Thursday: 5 easy outside lunch miles, hot.
- Friday: 3 miles easy and early (6 a.m.). Came home, taught Pilates, ran some errands, then got on the treadmill at 10:30 a.m. and did 7 more? IDK. Weird day.
- Saturday: 5k time trial. This was a rust-buster type situation, and I wussed out a little bit and hid on my trusty treadmill. Since it’s been so long since I raced, coach recommended going out at my average pace from last week’s mile repeats. 6:40, 6:34, 6:18, :35 (5:50), which makes me think that opening mile was pretty soft. 20:08. Asked coach if we can do it again in a couple of weeks. 8 miles total. Taught Pilates right before.
- Sunday: 6 easy … on the treadmill. Whatever. There’s a cupholder, a fan, and all the bad tv I care to watch. Taught Pilates in the evening.
Total: 43 miles, and I finished GVRAT and started back!
What we ate
What I’m reading
- “Cleo McDougal Regrets Nothing” by Allison Winn Scotch — I needed something light, good so far!
- “You Were Born for This” by Chani Nicholas
- “Me and White Supremacy” by Layla F. Saad — doing this in the original 28-day journaling format.
- Actually about to go spray some stuff right now. The deer ate the two big tomatoes that were ripening along with basically the top third of both tomato plants. Mama ain’t happy.
- Harvesting green beans and chard! Looks like kale is getting close (more miso kale salads!).
- Cilantro and parsley both went kaput? Not sure why. Win some, lose some.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday
- 12:30 p.m. Friday (30 min class)
- 10:30 a.m. Saturday
- 4:30 p.m. Sunday (recovery/foam roller)
All times EST. Private sessions available. Book online at kineticenergy.fit — use code WELCOME for a free first class!