Whew! This week I recognized that my bucket was empty and I needed some time to refill it, so I took some time off work and recharged.
- Monday: 3 mi easy run + 1 mi walk with a friend early; 5 mi on the treadmill at lunch; 10 min of yoga in the evening.
- Tuesday: 8 mi total, with a mixed speed + steady state workout that included 5 minutes of short, fast intervals and a 3 mile tempo. The best time for me to do this was around lunch, which was not a good time to be outside. But, the shorter intervals aren’t ideal on the treadmill. I split the difference — did the warmup and shorter intervals outside, then transitioned to the treadmill during the recovery for the tempo and cool down. Taught Pilates in the evening.
- Wednesday: 5 mi easy, 10 min of yoga.
- Thursday: 2 mi walk with a friend in the morning and then 8 mi with hard intervals of 5-4-3-2-1 minutes all around tempo effort.
- Friday: 5 mi easy then taught Pilates at lunch.
- Saturday: 4 mi easy then taught Pilates.
- Sunday: 12 mi LR with 3 mi easy, 3 mi a little faster, 4 miles of cut-back miles, 2 mi cool down. Taught Pilates in the afternoon.
Total: 50 miles
What we ate:
- Soup & grilled cheese — it’s not always fancy y’all
- Gnocchi w/ garden greens — this isn’t really a recipe; I sauté greens from our garden and some cauliflower and combine with store-bought gnocchi, finishing all together in the pan with some cream, butter and Pecorino Romano
- Pulled mushroom sammies — from Jamie Oliver’s Ultimate Veg
- Faux chorizo tacos — MorningStar chorizo crumbles sautéed with onion and served with elotes-style corn.
What I’m reading:
- “You Were Born For This” by Chani Nichols
- “Me and White Supremacy” by Layla F. Saad
- We’ve gotten a lot of rain this week which is great for the garden. More june bugs than previous years. Spraying the plants regularly with an organic garlic spray.
- Daily picking of green beans!
- Kale, chard both harvestable and we’ve been cutting as we go.
- Picked our first jalapeños and have more on the way; the other pepper plants are also going bananas.
- Eggplants are blossoming!
- Strawberry plants are producing but having a hard time getting them to ripe without something else eating them first.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday
- 12:30 p.m. Friday
- 10:30 a.m. Saturday
- 4:30 p.m. Sunday
Book at kineticenergy.fit — all times EST, use code WELCOME for a free first class!