Guys I know I missed a couple of weeks SORRY. I’m not going to try and catch up, just jumping back in.
- Monday – easy 6 on the treadmill at lunch
- Tuesday – 8 mi total, 3x 1 mi at 85% max. Coach Matt doesn’t normally give me time targets but he has for a couple of recent workouts because I haven’t raced in um forever and need some sort of reference. Last week I was faster than my target times so I adjusted a little this time and hit 6:54, 6:42, 6:31 (goals were 7, 6:50, 6:40). This wasn’t all-out, more HM/tempo effort, and with 2 minute recoveries. I’ll use an average from that for an upcoming 5k time trial. Taught Pilates in the evening.
- Wednesday – 4 easy in the evening, plus some Athletes For Yoga.
- Thursday – 8 mi with 15 x 30 seconds on / 60 seconds off. Went mid-morning and it was hotter than I hoped but okay.
- Friday – 4 easy in the morning, taught Pilates at lunch, 3 easy on the treadmill in the afternoon.
- Saturday – 5 easy on the treadmill, taught Pilates.
- Sunday – 12 progressive-ish on the treadmill (cutting down every 3 miles, but then in the last set of three I cut down for both miles 10 and 11 then slowed down for the last mile). Taught Pilates in the afternoon.
What we ate:
What I’m reading:
- Finished “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle a couple of weeks ago, highly recommend.
- “Nothing is Wrong and Here is Why” by Alexandra Petri — I love her WaPo columns and this was very similar. Funny and entertaining but also sort of depressing because it’s all very true.
- “Ultimate Veg” by Jamie Oliver — found some good recipes I’m excited to try in this one. Thought a lot of them were more complicated/time-intensive than what I can typically do on a weeknight, but still plenty of good ones.
- “The Modern Enneagram” by Kacie Berghoef — I’m on a big Enneagram kick right now. Anyone else? I’ve been reading a lot because I can’t decide on my number.
- “Pelosi” by Molly Ball — I’ve checked this out from the library twice and I still haven’t finished it. It’s good, just not a fast read.
- Picked our first green beans and harvested some chard!
- Lots of peppers growing and some tomatoes.
- Strawberries are growing again. Trying to keep literally everything from eating them.
- Eggplants are blooming. Excited for that.
- Cut back a few unwieldy herbs and hung to dry — rosemary and oregano.
- Tuesday, 6 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. (special holiday class)
- Friday, 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, 4:30 p.m. (foam roller)
All times EST. Book at kineticenergy.fit, use code WELCOME for a free first class!