Okay can we talk about how I’d like all months to start on a Monday because it just makes everything so … round? Can we make that happen?
- Monday: 5 mi easy early, felt good. Quicker than expected.
- Tuesday: Rest day — I ran 12 consecutive days which is a lot more than I’ve been doing, and this day got away from me. Taught Pilates in the evening.
- Wednesday: 8 mi with hills on the treadmill.
- Thursday: 6 mi easy early.
- Friday: 8 mi early with 3 mi progression. Holy humidity. I was beating myself up during this progression because I did the same workout last Friday and I was SO MUCH FASTER and it felt so easy. Friends, last Friday it was 55º and I even sent my coach a text about the dew point being 43. I wore gloves. This Friday, it was 67º and the dew point was 64. These are not the same. I realized it as I finished the last mile and was able to instead pat myself on the back for still doing a good effort. I had the same convo with my sister recently — it’s worth it to jot notes about the weather so when you’re looking back and thinking “wow that was a really good/really bad session,” you don’t forget some of the reasons why. (I use the NWS 3-Day Observed Weather site for Louisville, I’m not sure if every city has the same report but I like it and have it bookmarked.)
- Saturday: Taught Pilates then 4 mi easy on the treadmill since it was already 900000 degrees.
- Sunday: Completed the Women4Women Half Marathon virtually for my long run! Easy pace and it was 77º at the start, 81º at the finish (but dew point in the mid-50s) and 500′ of gain. I’ve volunteered on the organizing committee for this race for three years and I hate that we didn’t have an opportunity to raise more money for a great nonprofit. Taught Pilates in the afternoon.
What we ate:
- Cauliflower Bolognese — this was an instant favorite and we keep making it.
- Boca burgers on the grill — please send your vegetarian grill recipes.
What I’m reading:
- “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle (I checked this out from the library at least once before and didn’t get a chance to read it before it went back because I check out too many books at once)
- “Me and White Supremacy” by Layla Saad
- “The Pocket Pema Chödrön” by Pema Chödrön (I’ve been dipping in and out of this one as an intro to her writing)
Find me on Goodreads.
- Spent two hours Saturday laying down weed block paper — a little different than what you usually use in landscaping beds; this is a thick paper that you unroll and it lasts a single growing season then you can till it in to the soil. Using it between our plant rows so I just have to weed between the plants. Thankfully.
- Picked our first strawberry! I improvised some netting over top and used some recycled plastic to get the berries off the dirt. Hoping for more soon.
- Our pepper and tomato plants are starting to flower.
- Oregano bush is out of control. Cut it back and hung some to dry.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday — KineticCORE
- 12:30 p.m. Friday — KineticCORE
- 10:30 a.m. Saturday — KineticCORE
- 4:30 p.m. Sunday — KineticRECHARGE
All times EST. Use the “book” button in the menu above! Private sessions where I can provide more direct feedback throughout class are also available.