Monthly Mileage: January 2019
As Gabe Grunewald pointed out on Instagramrecently, January is all about survival. A LOT of my miles this month were run on the treadmill. I watched both seasons of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on the ‘mill this month. And, how did January both feel insanely long but also fly by without me getting nearly as much done as I hoped when I wrote my 2019 goals?
I’m happy with how January shaped up, I took 3 planned days off running to really recover as we build mileage up. Since I’m not racing a marathon until June, there’s more wiggle room to build cautiously.
- Miles run: 218 miles
- Time spent running: 28 hours
- Longest run: 16 miles
- Pilates and yoga: 14.5 hours
- 43.5 hours of fitness
- 47 (Dec. 31-Jan. 6)
- 54 (through Feb. 3)
YTD goal progress: 7% (218 of 3,000)
In case you’re looking for some menu inspiration, here’s some of the recipes I referenced for this month’s meals!
- Red beans and rice
- Feed Zone Table Pad Thai
- Spanish Frittata
- Oven Risotto with Crispy Mushrooms
- Indian-Style Sloppy Joes
- “5 Ingredients: Quick and Easy Food,” Jamie Oliver
- “Martha’s Flowers: A Practical Guide to Growing, Gathering, and Enjoying,” Martha Stewart
- “Foreign Influence,” Brad Thor
- “The Athena Project,” Brad Thor