I enjoyed a couple of vacation days this week and got quite a bit done and spent a lot of time outdoors.
- Monday: 5 mi easy treadmill.
- Tuesday: Off running, taught Pilates.
- Wednesday: Off running, taught Pilates.
- Thursday: 6 mi with 3 progression (7:35, 7:23, 7:06). Great running weather.
- Friday: 8 mi easy, taught Pilates.
- Saturday: 6 mi easy treadmill, taught Pilates.
- Sunday: 10 mi, so hot so hot so hot. Taught Pilates.
Total: 35. Little bit down from last week but my arms and abs say they did plenty.
What we ate:
- Hobo packs of random vegetables. We’ve been making these with pinto beans plus a combination of potatoes, zucchini, onions, green beans, corn, carrots … honestly whatever we have in the fridge or freezer. Season, mix in some salsa, seal up in foil and toss in the oven or on the grill. We eat them with tortillas like weird veggie tacos. Similar recipe here.
- Carrot Wellington — looks fancy, is actually pretty easy. Takes a little bit of time in the beginning but fairly hands-off.
- Spicy baked pasta with cheddar and broccoli rabe — Alison Roman’s recent Internet drama aside, I spotted this recipe in the print edition of Bon Appetit a while back and snapped a pic on my phone so I wouldn’t forget it. Easy and cheeeeeeeesy.
- Grilled Boca burgers and Alton Brown’s Cauliflower Say Cheese.
- Spent some time weeding this week — not my favorite chore, that’s for sure. Now that everything is in, I’d like to mulch between the rows and hopefully cut down on weeding.
- Strawberries are turning red!
- All our seeds have sprouted. I’ll be doing some thinning soon.
- 10:30 a.m. Memorial Day Monday
- 5:30 p.m. Wednesday
- 12:30 p.m. Friday
- 10:30 a.m. Saturday
- 4:30 p.m. Sunday Stretchies
Use the “Book A Class” button at the top of this page to schedule, and use code WELCOME for a free class.
My thoughts are with all of you remembering a fallen service member this weekend. (Yes, this is a reminder that Memorial Day commemorates our soldiers who died in service. It’s not the same as Veteran’s Day.)
Have a great week!