The Pilates teaser is one of my favorite moves, because it really puts all the pieces together into one beautiful exercise. It targets all your powerhouse muscles, including your abdominals, spinal extensors, and hip flexors.
It is a challenging move, and there are three variations of Teaser — moving just your arms (teaser I), moving just your legs (teaser II), or moving both (teaser III).
I love the challenge of teaser and I’m bringing you a series of videos on #TeaserTuesday to celebrate it. I started with two preparation exercises (adapted from Brooke Siler’s book The Pilates Body) that you can repeat until you’re ready for the next step.
- Week 1: Teaser preparation
- Week 2: One-legged teaser
- Week 3: Teaser I
- Week 4: Teaser II (coming Nov. 21)
- Week 5: Teaser III (coming Nov. 28)
- Week 6: Teaser with Stability Ball (coming Dec. 5)