- Iroquois Hill Runner 5 miler, 9 a.m. Thursday, 11/24/16
- Northeast YMCA Turkey Trot 5k/10k, 8 a.m. Thursday, 11/24/16
- Louisville Hungry Turkey 5k, 9 a.m., Thursday, 11/24/16
- Fast Freddie’s Festive Five Mile Foot Feast, 9 a.m. Thursday, 11/24/16
- Anchorage Turkey Trot 5k, 9 a.m. Thursday, 11/24/16
- Run Run Rudolph 5k (Light Up Louisville), 4 p.m. Friday, 11/25/16
If you’ve ever run a Turkey Trot, you’ve got a story about a ridiculous shirt or prize. Give them to me in the comments!
I’m jealous you guys have so many turkey trots! We only have one here, it’s one of the largest 5Ks in the US, I believe. I guess no one wants to compete with them but it’s a huge race and that’s why I won’t do it. Someone gets trampled every year. I hope your recovery is going well from the marathon and good luck if you do a turkey trot!
Ugh! I hate those. We have one really big one that’s not very well organized. Instead I’ll be at a little one! I won’t be very fast, though, that’s for sure!
Every year is a different prize at the thanksgiving day race I run at. I have hoodies, long sleeve shirts, jackets, duffle bags, camping chair, etc. this year is a gym bag that I should win. All branded with the race logo.
Dude! That’s solid swag. All I have are some so-ugly-they’re-funny shirts and one crazy trophy.
This race doesn’t have awards for age divisions. There is a male turkey, female turkey and butterball turkey (for anyone over 200lbs). If you beat your designated turkey, you get the prize. They skill division and overall awards so families can leave for their get-togethers