#MarathonTraining is …
Thoughts on marathon training, or #MarathonTraining is …
- Foam rolling in the dark at 6 a.m. while eating and almond butter and honey sandwich before your long run.
- Realizing 12 hours later that you dripped honey on the floor.
- Wearing a headlamp to run 12 miles in the dark before work.
- Chafing on your butt from a gel tucked in a poorly designed pocket.
- Chafing on your butt from the elastic in your shorts liner.
- Realizing your toenail is broken straight across and that there’s another toenail already underneath — and not thinking that’s weird at all.
- Running early before work then noticing your stomach is growling — but it’s only 10 a.m.
- Starting your long run outside, getting hit by a monsoon, wringing out your clothes in the swimsuit spinner, running on the treadmill for 3 miles, then going back outside for the last 2 miles.
- Buying new compression socks because you have too much time on your hands during taper.
- Being thankful for all the things you see #ontherun — gorgeous sunrises, meteor showers, fall foliage.
- Being thankful for the ability to run all the miles (509) over all the weeks (12) that will get you to the starting line to run 26.2 more.