First conclusion: trying to complete this list in 30 days was optimistic. I didn’t do them all, but I will keep working on them. It definitely has helped me prioritize, but also gave me an opportunity for self-reflection that was really meaningful.
Second conclusion: trying to complete this list while simultaneously getting through Thanksgiving and into Christmas was a terrible idea.
30 pushups at once
- Piece of cake. Working on building up to 50.
Something new at the gym
- Took a self-defense class, tried the steam room, went to a spin class (I had been to a different early morning/shorter spin class twice, but that was it).
- Tried it. Didn’t really like it. But, planning to sign up for the next adult swim classes at the gym.
- Talk to someone about fitness competition.
- Haven’t, but I have contact info for two women.
- Volunteer somewhere for an hour
- Had this on the books but had to cancel
- Read an essay by Camus
- Hm. I can probably knock this out today. Kind of forgot about this one, which is why I put it on the list to begin with.
- Eat somewhere fancy
- Not anywhere fancier than usual, but holding on to the possibility the hubs might pull through with birthday dinner for this one.
- Give three “just because” gifts
- Again, this is hard at Christmastime.
- Learn how to use the manual setting on the camera
- Using it more, but haven’t really learned what I wanted.
30 photos, 30 days
- Pretty sure I took at least one photo every day, but some of them were really uninteresting. Click here for the complete album.
- Fix the film camera
- Again, too much holiday craziness. No time and tighter budget. Will revisit in spring.
- Write a poem
- Write weekly in gratitude journal
- This is going to be a tough habit to get started, but again, just thinking about writing in a gratitude journal encouraged me to be more conscious of for what I am grateful.
- I hemmed some pants.
Make three Christmas crafts
- I designed Christmas cards, cards to go with our Angel Tree gifts, a money holder jar, and a few other odds and ends here and there.
- Redo the home office
- I can’t even think about doing this until Christmas is over and all my gifts and wrapping supplies are out of there.
- Get Team NB Lou rolling for 2015
- On the to-do list for the vacation I’m taking between Christmas and New Years
- Select and hang wedding photos
Design/order wedding album
- Ordered today
- Pay it forward at a coffee shop
- This works best at a drive-thru and I haven’t been to one in a while.
- Eat a new food
- See #7
- Go ice skating or roller skating
- Again, too much craziness. And we spent all our free time bowling.
Review my credit report Have a certain amount in savings
- Did this, but am working to set some financial priorities that impact both this item and the one prior.
- Have Gwen align my hip and do exercises at least 3 times per week.
- Didn’t go to PT but have been doing exercises.
- Sign up for another MOOC or some other class
Set race goals for spring 2015
- Well, I won a free entry to the Derby Marathon, so I think we’re good there. Setting schedule during aforementioned vacation time.
- Make a friend dinner to take home
- I really like this idea and am hoping to make it happen in January
- Call three people you only talk to via text/internet (but know in real life). Actually seeing them counts too.
- Just straight failed at this one.
Launch personal website
- I’m considering this accomplished since I completely redid this site. Am considering purchasing a domain name.