Many people have created a “30 before 30” list — usually a mini-bucket list of things they want to do before they’re 30 years old. Frequent items include traveling abroad, skydiving, getting married. This list is not like those lists.
I decided I wanted to make a list of 30 “I wish I did …” or “I should …” items. We all have these. Those things that are on a perpetual to-do list but never seem to happen. So I’ve gathered them up and am going to attempt to complete them all before the big 3-0 on Dec. 18.
May I present … THE LIST:
- 30 pushups at once (Oh, I’m close!)
- Something new at the gym (Nov. 28 – Self Defense Workshop)
- Try swimming
- Talk to someone about fitness competition.
- Volunteer somewhere for an hour (KYA, Dec. 11 and 13)
- Read an essay by Camus
- Eat somewhere fancy
- Give three “just because” gifts
- Really understand the manual setting on the camera
- Take a photo daily for 30 days
- Fix the film camera
- Write a poem
- Write weekly in gratitude journal
- Sew something
- Make three Christmas crafts
- Redo the home office
- Get Team NB Lou rolling for 2015
- Select and hang wedding photos
- Design/order wedding album
- Pay it forward at a coffee shop
- Eat a new food
- Go ice skating or roller skating
- Review my credit report*
- Have a specified goal amount in savings*
- Have Gwen align my hip and do exercises at least 3 times per week.
- Sign up for another MOOC or some other class
- Set race goals for spring 2015
- Make a friend dinner to take home
- Call three people you only talk to via text/internet (but know in real life). Actually seeing them counts too.
- Launch personal website
* I have modified these posts slightly because I felt they were a little too personal for the internet. The general concept remains.