2015 Rising Star Award, Landmarks of Excellence Awards, presented by the IABC-Louisville and PRSA Bluegrass Chapters, Oct. 21, 2015. The Rising Star award will recognize emerging leaders – age 32 or younger — whose work reflects ongoing and exceptional growth in contributing to the fields of public relations or communications.
2015 Ambassador of Science Literacy awarded by the Kentucky Science Center, January 2015
Kentucky School Public Relations Association OASIS Awards, 2014:
- Distinguished award for news release: “Wetlands Construction Brings Outdoor Classroom to South Campus“
- Distinguished award for social media pages (Facebook and Twitter)
- Proficient award for internal publications: “Oldham County Schools Databook 2014”
- Proficient award for feature release: “Calculating Happiness: Abercrombie Wins ExCEL Award“
- Proficient award for feature photography: “Bulldog Strong: Liberty Elementary Closing Not All Sadness”
Kentucky School Public Relations Association OASIS Awards, 2013:
- OASIS Sweepstakes Award — Overall award for excellence in school communications.
- Distinguished award for feature release: “Hitting the right note: Parker wins ExCel Award,” written by Tracy Harris. High scorer in category.
- Distinguished award for electronic newsletter “Monday Memo,” by Tracy Harris.
- Distinguished award for “Redistricting website,” presented to Tracy Harris, Kara Hubbard and Michael Williams.
- Proficient award for community engagement program “Redistricting 2014-15,” presented to Tracy Harris, Kara Hubbard and Michael Williams. High scorer in category.
- Proficient award for internal publications, “Comprehensive Communication Plan 2013-14,” by Tracy Harris.
Kentucky Press Assocation, 2012:
- First place, best investigative reporting story or series.
- Second place, best general news story.
- Second place, best business/agribusiness story.
- Second place, best general news photo.
Kentucky Rural Health Association, 2013:
- Best story by a non-daily.
SPJ – Metro Louisville Chapter, 2007:
- Service reporting, second place, business columns for The Lane Report.